Somebody you know could be the perfect match for a patient in need of a bone marrow transplant. Please help us spread the message, click here.


How to make a complaint about any aspect of our service

The Welsh Blood Service aims to provide a quality service to everyone who uses our services. This includes blood donors, donors who are also registered on the Welsh Bone Marrow Donor Register and the Hospitals to whom we supply blood and blood products.

You have a right to complain about any aspect of any of the services that you receive from us. We view complaints in a positive light and use the feedback to help us improve our Service. Making a complaint will not adversely affect the care or service you receive.

We will make every effort to deal with any criticism of our service, to your satisfaction, by the immediate response of our staff providing an explanation and an apology. However, this does not take away your right to make a formal complaint.

How to make a formal complaint about our service

The Complaints Manager for the Welsh Blood Service is the Director. Complaints may be made verbally to any member of staff or in writing (email complaints are acceptable). Written complaints should be addressed to:


The Director
Welsh Blood Service
Ely Valley Road
Talbot Green
Pontyclun CF72 9WB
or email

If you need free advice and support on making a complaint, assistance can be provided by your local Community Health Council or Citizens’ Advice Bureau.

What to do if you are not satisfied with local resolution.

You may ask for your complaint to be taken to independent review. Details of how to ask for an independent review will be included in the full reply sent to you. Requests for an independent review should be made within 28 days of you receiving the reply at the end of local resolution.

What to do if you are not satisfied with the outcome of the independent review.

If you are not satisfied with the way the independent review panel was handled or if a panel was not set up you may ask for your complaint to be referred to the Health Service Ombudsman. More information about this will be given to you in the reply from the independent review panel.

Can't find what you're looking for online?

Contact us today